Thursday 10 November 2011

my first music blog.

Hello readers!
My name is Beth Gregory, I'm studying Journalism and English Literature at Cardiff University, and I'm a budding writer.
I've set up this blog because I feel passionately about music, and music journalism is definitely a future career route i'd like to take. I know there are a million different music blogs out there, but I wanted the ability to put my perspective across, and hopefully offer something a little different.
I think this blog can appeal to anyone who is into music. My music taste is really quite eclectic. I'm a rocker at heart and love my punk, my metal and my classic rock, but really i'm into any kind of music; indie, folk, hip-hop, dubstup, electro, acoustic... anything which doesn't consist of crap 'singers' which has been churned out by media monopolies. You wont read anything about The Saturdays or JLS here. Basically I just like music that's GOOD. I like things which have a bit of an edge in their sound.
I'm going to use this blog just to write about everything to do with music: gigs i've been to, new bands i've heard, reviews of new albums, or simply talking about a song or a lyric which has really struck me.
I'm open to opinions, so please comment on any blogs I post! My next blog I think will be a review of the amazing Florence + The Machines new album, so please read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment