Saturday 18 February 2012

Skrillex Grey Daze Tour - Bristol 16th Feb.

So on thursday night I ventured in to Bristol with my lovely flatmate Abbi to see Skrillex at the o2 academy. Only just got round to writing this gig review as yesterday, to be quite honest, I was far too hungover!
To be honest,  I feel like i'm going to struggle to write this, because the gig has pretty much rendered me speechless... so to try to put it into coherent words is going to prove quite difficult!
I hadn't been to Bristol's o2 academy before, and I loved the atmosphere. Despite not rushing to the front like many, we still managed to get pretty much right to the front, although it was a sold out gig. There was a really good atmosphere, everyone was lively and while there were moshpits, I didn't suffer from too many rowdy people pushing which was good. Skrillex was supported by Alvin Risk and Zane Lowe. I hadn't actually heard of Alvin Risk before and was pleasantly surprised. He was a great warm up act. He really managed to get the crowd going without the same intensity as Zane and Skrillex.
When Zane Lowe entered the stage, you could feel the excitement in the room physically build. I've seen Zane Lowe perform once before, at my freshers ball in the Cardiff Student Union. He was good then, but I didn't get the opportunity to see the whole set, so I was really looking forward to this. Zane played some awesome remix's, including an awesome remix of I Got The Power. He also played Internet Friends by Knife Party which made me very excited. He was the perfect act to introduce Skrillex to the stage.
When Skrillex came on the whole crowd went mental. Seeing Skrillex live is an opportunity that should not be missed by any dubstep fans. He played favourites like First of the Year, and new material like Bangerang and Breakin' a Sweat. as well as some other favourites such as Promises by Nero and, like Zane Lowe, Internet Friends by Knife Party. He also played his remix of Cinema which was a real highlight for me. He ended with an amazing remix of Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites and Promises. It made the crowd go wild and literally gave me goosebumps. What a performance! I was desperate for an encore but unfortunately didn't get one. I think the only way it could of been improved is if he had came back on stage for an encore, simply because I did not want the gig to end. It was one of the best gig's i've been to and has left me desperate to re-live it. I will definitely be getting tickets straight away for his next tour and recommend anyone and everyone to do the same. Skrillex is an act not to be missed live.

a couple of the photos I took... they aren't the best quality but still manage to capture the atmosphere!





No comments:

Post a Comment